With its aerial and spatial architecture, under its modest and old-fashioned looks, Massagno's Lux cinema represents not only a “long gone” era but also a minor battle for the auteur cinema of the Lugano region.
The Cinema Lux was built in 1958. It measures about 14 x 27 meters in area and was designed by the architect Costantino Pozzi, from Massachusetts.
The building is divided into two levels with two opposite entrances: along Via Motta is located the atrium for the Cinema Hall, while the level below facing the courtyard to the south, is located the atrium of the Cosmo Hall.
Its aesthetics are pretty much the same as when it was built.