Mondascia's artillery posts in Biasca, in the Riviera Valley, were built during the Second World War (1939-1945). They were operational, and therefore secret, and constantly updated until being downgraded in 1995 with the reform of the Swiss army.
The Mondascia artillery fortresswas built beneath the rock and included a command post, an ammunition depot and a 10.5 cm howitzer.
With several buildings and galleries carved into the rock, is now part of theForte Mondascia Museum of Military History, where all weapons from the war period are exhibited.
There is the possibility of renting military equipment and uniforms; the technical rooms with equipment from the last century are still working and are in their original state from the 1950s.
Indoor and outdoor location.